Scarring – caused by stretch marks, acne, skin trauma.
- What is micro-needling and how does it improve scarring?
- Micro-needling, also referred to as collagen induction therapy, works to lift, tighten, and rejuvenate your skin at a more rapid pace than traditional therapies. As a result of your treatment, you will achieve softer, smoother and younger skin with minimal downtime. A few more commonly treated conditions include, but are not limited to, stretch marks, superficial or deeper acne lesions and scarring from generalized skin trauma.
- The micro-needling device is used create a series of tiny perforations in the skin at varying depths based on the severity and location of the scarring, which breaks down the adhesions that have formed a scar. As your skin heals, it will naturally stimulate collagen, fibrin and other natural growth factors, leading to significantly improved skin elasticity and appearance overall.
- How many treatments are needed for optimal results?
- The severity of the conditions being treated heavily influence the recommended number of sessions. On average, for best results, you will need to undergo 4-6 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart.
- How does microdermabrasion help improve scarring?
- Using sterile corundum crystal, microdermabrasion treatments speed up cell turnover, ensuring that damaged cells are brought to the surface more quickly to be exfoliated, revealing younger, healthy cells.
- How many sessions are recommended?
- The number of sessions recommended is subjective and depends on the severity and age of the scarring. Upon free consultation, a more accurate treatment regimen will be recommended.